Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Wednesday, October 15 - I remember when...

I remember when the Great Ebola outbreak of 2014-2015 wiped out a portion of West Africa and many thousands of people from first-world countries began showing symptoms. Sanitization of public areas promptly began after the disease spread from Texas going outwards. People are being forced to stay indoors, and work at home if possible. The fear had embedded into many peoples' heads that going in the outside world could result in contamination. Rumors have twisted the facts of the disease and no one really knows who to trust. Coughing in public will have heads turn towards you, and everyone keeps safe distances from each other at many times. People come into contact with dozens of other people a day and the common symptoms make it hard to spot at first. It is now the fashion statement to wear stylish gloves and face masks to not only protect yourself, but look good at the same time. Who knew such a deadly thing could cause a fashion uproar? Donations of money at a philanthropic level have helped contain the disease for the long run, but the fear and confusion runs deeper.

1 comment:

  1. This was a very descriptive and fun read. However next time try to write something not as depressingly realistic I like not crying, and now tears are on my shirt, and I have to change now because my shirt is too wet from the tears and if I leave it on I'll begin to chafe.

    ReplyDelete