Thursday, October 16, 2014

Thursday, October 16 - RAIN

Rain is something unavoidable, and it seems to happen at the times you don't want it to pour. Rain is extremely relaxing if it's the soft, almost misty precipitation that just tingles on contact with your skin. There are probably a hundred million different outcomes when water falls from the sky, one of which is the dreaded sideways rain, where not even an umbrella can save you. Hot days with the combination of heavy rainfall result in insane humidity, but sometimes it will cool you off. Heavy rain can kill; it blinds, slicks the roads, makes it hard to hear, and sometimes just hurts on contact. I believe this is the rain that nobody enjoys, unless it is enjoyed in the safety of your house. How can it be that something we need so desperately can also kill us so easily?
Rain helps the environment and helps balance the cycle that water undergoes. It fills streams and holes to provide water for animals exploring around. Without it, our necessary food crops such as corn, wheat, and potatoes could not be grown. Rain is a necessity.
I had recently gotten a metal roof installed on my house, and had high hopes that rain would come quickly, which it did not for at least a week. Metal roofs make rain sound completely different, it soothes and relaxes you to the point of sleep. However, the installation of the roof was built over the old one. That being said, it means my roof is completely insulated, I hardly hear anything at all! I can no longer look at rain the same way, it is despising. I could blame the insulated roof, but since I can do nothing about that, I blame the rain not beating down hard enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment