Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Tuesday, September 16 - The Spoon's Perspective

Being a stainless-steel tool could quite possibly be the best profession in this world. For me, the spoon, life has never been easier. I'm not one of those pansy tea spoons, I'm the real deal. I'm what they call a big boy spoon. No, not a serving spoon, just a big boy spoon. You wouldn't believe the friends I've made, like my buddy shredded wheat with that silky white coat on him, or my colorful circular friends that taste like fruit. We don't get to talk for long, we usually say our goodbyes a few seconds after they hitch a ride on my dipper, I don't know what the humans do with them. I'm never lonely though, no matter how many friends I go through in a day, there will always be more. The only bad part is being put in that dreaded machine which splashes molten water all over me and the other boys. It's so dark in there always, I hate it. They imprison me at least twice a week into that torture device. Sure, they clean all the stuff off of me, but those remnants left on me are the only things I have left of the friends I've met that day. Life as a spoon isn't really so bad until you start thinking about it. You know, I've never seen any of my old friends, it's like they've moved on forever. Perhaps I scared them away being a big boy spoon and all. I don't have any other responsibilities, besides sitting in the drawer, in a bowl, or where I currently am, the dreaded machine. In here, all of the used tools come here, like a sauna. They don't mind it, but I find it cramped and the pitch-blackness makes me uneasy. I can take a few more hours of this, I have been doing it my whole life of course.

No comments:

Post a Comment