Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Wednesday, November 12 - The Haunted House

Never again will I spend the night at my friend's house. Specifically just in that house. Everything was perfectly fine until sundown, they had a great big television and a refrigerator full of food to last a zombie apocalypse. It was all dandy until the sun reached the brink of the horizon and fell down exposing darkness over the land. The season is winter so sundown is quite early, and this family I'm staying with goes to bed at premature dusk. They also sleep with ear plugs and eye masks. What freaks they must be, I couldn't sleep for ages just because I was contemplating how someone could go to sleep so early with such goofy hardware they have to wear. At that time I heard a noise coming from under the floor, which I believe the source was from the basement. It sounded like a faint howl from a dog, but this family does not own any pets. I did what any rational person would do and I grabbed the blanket beside me and covered myself completely. This seems to help psychologically. Moments afterwards I heard a scurry across the floor below and footsteps going up the stairs. Alone in the living room, I hear the basement door creak open and I stare into the darkness. I gaze for what seems like years and feel eyes peer back into mine. I stay completely still but I feel my point of view push inwards towards that door, and I am now looking through a fish eye lens. I become mortified, why did they not include free ear plugs and an eye mask. Seconds later, I flop to the ground. I have become a fish. "Ggluggaergh" I say because I am a fish and cannot speak a language.  The family cannot hear my hard flopping thanks to their earplugs. Due to lack of water, my fishy life expires and I lay on the cold floor.

No comments:

Post a Comment